We want to spur a dialogue that helps educate readers about fat and successful weight-loss management. This includes taking a critical look at why standard low-fat diet recommendations too often fail.
Come explore with us! There is much to be gained – a lot of weight to be lost. Your body will thank you for it.
- Low Carb High Fat Diets (LCHF) and Ketogenic diets
- Medications for weight management
- Non-prescriptive supplements for weight loss
- Maintaining weight loss
- Self-monitoring tools
- Practical skills for weight loss and maintenance
- Appropriate goal weight: BMI vs Body Composition
- Protein requirements for weight loss/muscle maintenance
- Sleep habits and body weight
- Eating out, events and travel
- Eating disorders
- Insulin resistance
Behavioral aspects of weight loss:
- H.A.L.T.S understanding hunger and craving
- Self-care first to be more effective
- Mindful Eating
- Give yourself credit, forgiving yourself
- Controlling your environment
- Rationalization and other self deceptions, self sabotage
- Sugar addiction/alcohol and transference addiction
- Mood disturbance and how that effects body weight
- Practice, practice, practice: making new habits
- Lapse, relapse and collapse
- Benefits of Support Groups - Many people find support groups to be a helpful tool to assist in their weight loss efforts. Studies continually show that support groups can help people achieve their weight loss goals, sustain weight loss, and they prove more effective than dieting alone.
- Ep 26 History of Low Carb - Brandy and Alexis skim the history of low carb and its father William Banting. Are you Banting as one would say when dieting low carb?
- Insulin Resistance - Many people suffer from insulin resistance, even though few understand how it relates to obesity.
- My struggle with body image – Part 6 - I’m baaaaaack! We left off in January with me starting my individualized program with Brandy. As I explained in my earlier blogs, I was very resistant to doing anything that reminded me of my “old ways” of dieting.
- The Ultimate Guide to the Carnivore Diet - People following the carnivore diet do so because they have seen the results for themselves and because they think the ideas behind it make sense, not because an authority like a doctor or a government agency approved it.